There are currently 1,299 members of the CMAM Forum in 86 countries
Membership - sign up and:
- Receive monthly updates on new resources
- Contribute to technical briefs
- Contact other members (messaging system)
- CMAM meeting, New Delhi 5-6 March CMN Link
- Invitation to an open discussion on the political outcome document of the ICN2. More information on www.fao.org/ICN2 and www.who.int/nutrition
Home fortification community of practice: join via: http://network.hftag.org/
Latest Items (acute malnutrition):
- What do we know now: a decade of community based treatment of SAM. Conference report. 17-18/10/2013. CMN Link
- Effectiveness of milk whey protein-based ready-to-use therapeutic food in treatment of severe acute malnutrition in Malawian under-5 children: a randomised, double-blind, controlled non-inferiority clinical trial. Maternal & Child Nutrition Link
- Impact of lipid-based nutrient supplements and corn–soy blend on energy and nutrient intake among moderately underweight 8–18-month-old children participating in a clinical trial. Maternal & Child Nutr Abstract Link
- Strengthening nutrition in Ghana: a report on FANTA activities from 2007 to 2013. FANTA Link
- Incidence and course of child malnutrition according to clinical or anthropometrical assessment: a longitudinal study from rural DR Congo. BMC Pediatrics Link·
- Severe acute malnutrition in children - challenges and enigmas report (9-13 Sept, Copenhagen, Denmark).University of Copenhagen Link Reading list with abstracts Link
- The effectiveness of blanket supplementary feeding programmes in preventing acute malnutrition. Evidence from research carried out in Chad. ENN Briefing Note Link
Maternal nutrition in emergencies. Summary of the state of play, key gaps and recommendations.ENN, ECHO, Inspire Consortium. Link
General (health & nutrition)
People affected by conflict 2013. Humanitarian needs in numbers. CRED Link
Developing a sustainable nutrition research agenda in Sub-Saharan Africa - findings from the SUNRAY project. PLoS Medicine Link
Water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), environmental enteropathy, nutrition, and early child development: making the links. Annals of the NY Academy of Science Link
Advantages and challenges of integration: opportunities for integrating early childhood development and nutrition programming. Annals of the NY Academy of Science Link
CMAM Forum Publications
- Putting kwashiorkor on the map. Call for data. (Briend, A, Dent N, Brown R, Myatt M) Link
- Severe acute malnutrition and infection. (Jones KDJ, Berkley JA) Link Malnutrition aiguë sévère et infections. Lien
- Assessment of coverage in CMAM. (Guevarra E, Norris A, Guerrero S, Myatt M) Link
- Use of MUAC for severe acute malnutrition. (Briend A) Link L’utilisation du périmètre brachial... malnutrition aiguë sévère. Lien
- Estimating caseload for SAM and MAM in children 6-59months. (Myatt M) Link Comment évaluer le nombre de cas MAS et/ou MAM chez les enfants de 6-59 mois. Lien
- Estimating caseload for pregnant & lactating women. (Myatt M) Link Comment évaluer le nombre de femmes enceintes et allaitantes. Lien
- Monthly resource updates. Link Mise à jour mensuelle des ressources. Lien
What is the CMAM Forum?
The CMAM Forum was established in 2012 by a group of experts and practitioners with the aim to:
Support scale-up of quality services for the management of acute malnutrition through the collation of existing technical guidance, evidence and learning from the wider nutrition and health community.
Specific objectives are to:
1. Ensure relevant up-to-date resources on management of acute malnutrition are accessible to practitioners, policy makers and other key stakeholders.
2. Produce Technical Briefs (current thinking on priority themes), summaries of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Updates relating to acute malnutrition.
3. Synthesise learning of effective ways to disseminate CMAM-related resources through conducting specific country case studies.
4. Promote and support advocacy efforts on the management of acute malnutrition.
- World Health Assembly 2014. WHO (19-24 May, Geneva, Switzerland) Link
- International Symposium on Understanding Moderate Malnutrition in Children for Effective Interventions. IAEA (27-29 May 2014, Vienna, Austria) Link Flier
- Micronutrient Forum Global Conference (2-6 June 2014, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia) Link
- III World Congress of Public Health Nutrition (7-12 Nov 2014, Las Palmas, Canary Islands, Spain) Link
- 2nd International Congress Hidden Hunger (3-6 March 2015, Stuttgart, Germany) Flier
- Community outreach for community involvement and early detection, referral of cases of acute malnutrition and follow up of problem cases,
- Management of Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) in outpatient care for children 6-59 months without medical complications,
- Management of SAM in inpatient care for children 6-59 months with medical complications and children under 6 months with acute malnutrition,
- Management of Moderate Acute Malnutrition (MAM) for children 6-59 months,
- The comprehensive CMAM model links with maternal, newborn, and child health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, food security and livelihood, and other community outreach initiatives.